The major media seems to be feeding us exactly what Jackson and Sharpton give their approving nod to. Now let's add a heapin' helpin' of political correctness and we have the typical blacks good-whites evil story.
To hear the media tell it the only racism that exists in Jena is white in origin, and six black kids (all football and basketball athletes) stomping a white kid is A-OK! No hatred there. They even promote the new slogan "Free the Jena 6".
Why should the "Jena 6" go free after committing numerous serious crimes? Apparently not even Jessie and Al thought one Mychal Bell should go free. His bail was set at $90,000 (which his family could not afford) and he could have gotten out with $9,000 posted. Why didn't they post bail with the $10,000 donation that rocker David Bowie gave to the cause? Did they want to keep him in jail? Apparently so! It was obviously most politically expedient for them to let him languish in jail so they could get the most mileage out of his "plight".
Jena Six defendant Robert Bailey, Jr. displayed several pictures of himself with $100 bills on the public website My Space last week. Several pictures were placed on the site with the money, included one photo of Theodare Shaw, another Jena Six defendant, with Bailey and money. The pictures were removed by the end of the week. An unknown number of people have donated to the Jena Six defense fund and many are now calling upon some group to audit the contributions in light of the photos posted on the Internet.
Two of the Jena 6 fiasco were wisked in on the red carpet and treated like celebrities at BET’s 2nd Annual Hip Hop Awards.
Did Mychal Bell or any of the others in the "Jena 6" learn anything about crime not paying? Did others learn that crime does not pay in our society? NO! Their cowardly crime was richly rewarded!
Back to the main story.
Why the rally cry "Free the Jena 6" when only one (Mychal Bell) was in jail? This slogan is racially divisive, and suggests that they are unfairly being held in bondage (allusions to slavery?) for no good reason.
Why hasn't anyone in the media pointed out any of the above items? Are they incredibly obtuse, or simply biased?
Let's move on to the most damning evidence of black racism in Jena, and media bias surrounding this blatant race baiting charade.
Below are pictures of the protesters in Jena, LA. Are these people peace loving civil rights activists, (as the media portrays them) or are they black militants?
CNN Basks in 60's Atmosphere of Black Power & White Racism-Jena
Note the black power fists and how giddy the white female reporter is about it all. Let's translate: black racism good-white racism bad. There you have it, the liberal mindset in a nutshell. Anything white is bad and anything black is good. Liberalism really is a mental disorder!
Imagine for a moment if the race roles were reversed. Whites by the tens of thousands march into a small town where six white athletes ganged up on a black student and stomped him. The whites demanding the release of the white attackers and gave white power signs. How would the media cover the story? The coverage would be much different.
The media in this case would correctly point out that these were white supremacists trying to overthrow justice by intimidation of public officials. (Which is a crime)
The media would quickly point out that there is no correlation between the nooses (hung by black students in this scenario) and the beating of the black student.
The media would also be quick to point out that the six white attackers were not charged with hate crimes. (Which they should have been)
And lastly the media would use the events (in our scenario) to attack white racism. Why are they silent now when blacks attack a white who had nothing to do with placing nooses on the tree? Do they favor one race over another?
Let's take a look at some other mostly unknown and important facts surrounding this case.
- On August 30, 2006, there was a back-to-school assembly for boys only at Jena High School. An assistant principal covered rules, dress codes, etc., and called for questions. One black asked a question that was clearly a joke: Could blacks sit with whites under a particular shade tree in the school’s courtyard. Everyone in the room laughed. The assistant principal answered that, of course, anyone could sit wherever he liked. There were a number of other questions—some funny, some serious—and the assembly broke up in good spirits. This stands in contradiction to the claim that Mychal Bell went directly to the principals office and acted like a civil rights crusader.
- Administrators immediately took the nooses which had been painted their high school colors down, and the vast majority of students, who arrived after 7:15 a.m., never saw them.
- The local police and the FBI interviewed the boys who put up the nooses and found no racial motive. The local US Attorney, Donald Washington, who is black, also looked into the nooses incident, and he, too, and found no grounds for action. While putting up the nooses was ignorant it was not a crime.
- From Sept. 9 through Nov. 30 (nearly three months) there were no racial incidents reported either at the high school or in the city or Jena. Hardly a boiling cauldron of white hatred!
- Five black Jena High students tried to crash a party, but a woman told them they could not come in and the party was by invitation only. The boys insisted, and a white man stepped in front of the woman to stop them. There was a fight, which went outside. A number of other whites got involved, the police were called, and one of the whites was arrested and pleaded guilty to battery. At least two of the black students were among the “Jena 6.” Remember, the blacks started the fight!
- The Jena Times called the attack on student Justin Barker “one of the most violent attacks in Jena High School’s history.”
Where is the righteous outrage by whites? This story of hate perpetrated by the “Jena 6” has been turned upside down into a story of hate perpetrated by whites! While displaying nooses is admittedly a hateful thing to do no one was hurt. Six black athletes ganging up on a white student is a hate crime if there ever was one!
No wonder the major media is losing market share and credibility. They cannot seem to tell the truth.